Release April 2023
We are happy to deliver the brandnew April 2023 release with important layout improvements in the Web Client! Try it now!
Remember, the Web Client is the user friendly spreadsheet for your Collector Users to deliver their monthly/weekly/daily data. The Web App is the tool for the Power User to setup and control your organization’s collection workflows.
(1) Web Client: New Menu Layout
We have integrated the buttons from the former menu bar into the header pane in order to get more space for the spreadsheet:
Remember, the former menu bar was placed below the header pane, therefore we had a lot of empty space above the spreadsheet:
(2) Web Client: New Workflow Layout
We have placed the workflow box now in the lower bottom corner which contains now also the Finish button:
Remember, until now the workflow box and the Finish button were splitted up above and below the dimension tree:
(3) Web Client: Improved Mobile Layout
Both layout changes result also in an improved mobile layout! The new header pane is now lower than the former one since we have shrinked also the data1.io logo on the left and the personal preferences menu on the right hand side of the header pane:
This is a first major step to make data entries possible also on the mobile phone. We know that the user experience is not yet perfect, improvements are also necessary for the dimension tree and the sheet selection.
(4) Web Client: Feedback and Help Buttons moveable
Die Feedback and Help Buttons at the bottom of the screen are now moveable along the bottom of the screen:
(5) Web Client: Improvement for ListQueries
The ListQuery feature was introduced in the February 2023 release and was improved in the March 2023 release. Now we deliver another important improvement: the initial READ process when the sheet is loaded resp. entered is now coordinated with the ListQuery. Therefore you can use the ListQuery feature now also to automatically generate a dynamic view for data entry and report sheet on the first view.
(6) Web Client: Improvements for Details Rows/Columns
We have also improved the “Details function” which was introduced in the September 2022 release, the November 2022 release and the March 2023 release.
From now on you can use the visibility setting for rows/colunns also in sheets which have no READ process (e.g. landing / navigation pages). Furthermore we have made the visibility process after the READ process fully reliable.
(7) Web Client: Performance Improvements for the READ process
We have – again – improved the performance of the READ process with those actions
- Recalculate formulas during the READ process only once in the end (instead of automatically recalculate all formulas during the READ process)
- Ignore cell types “3” and “4” within the READ process
(8) Web Client: Empty Dimension Tree
We have improved the display of an empty dimension tree, which can happen during maintenance of if the Row-Level-Security settings of a user has no matches.
(9) Web Client: Data Entry Formats
We have solved some important data entry format topics.
First, decimal places for % entries were truncated.
Second, we have implemented an automatical conversion for the language specific format of date and numbers. That means, if your browser language is set to English then you can enter a date or a number also in the german language format (“dd.mm.yyyy”) and it works. This automatic conversion is also done for pasted dates and numbers.
Third, we have improved the validation message for date and numeric values:
(10) Technical Improvements and debugging
We have solved a bunch of issues:
- Upload of very large CSV files caused error “Error writing MIME multipart body part to output stream.”
- Issue with the CSV download (“slipped columns”)
- Excel download of “Collector Users” table was not active
- Dim_Types table was not availabe in ODATA feed
- The icon selection for element types was buggy
- The Fact Table was not available in the “Field Properties” settings
- We have made security improvements and solved some resulting bugs
- We have made improvements in multi-tenant environments
Hope you like the new features – we are very curious about your feedback!
Please let us know what you think and what kind of collection processes you would prefer to automate with data1.io.
Stay healthy and we #StandWithUkraine
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!